American Flag Cookies & Decorating Instructions
Before you start, you will need -
- American Flag Cookie Cutter found in Aunt Chick's American Traditions Set
- Aunt Chick's No-Fail Cookie Recipe
- Silver Luster Dust (found in our store)
- Peacock Blue Luster Dust - (found in our store)
- Clear Vanilla Extract - (found in our store)
- Royal Red Coloring Gels (found in our store)
- Decorator Set with starbust tip (found in our store)
- Craft Brush (found in our store)
- Make Flag Cookies out of the Aunt Chick's No-Fail Cookie Recipe and let cool.
- Make a liquidy paste with a mixture of clear vanilla extract and luster dust. Make two separate mixtures - one of silver and one of peacock blue. Paint the silver mixture on the post of the flag and the peacock blue mixture on the background of the star field area of the flag.
- Mix red coloring gel with frosting and mix until you have a smooth color. Fill decorator with frosting and pipe on red lines. Take the remaining white frosting and fill additional piping bag with it and pipe on remaining flag lines and stars.
- Enjoy cookies!