Eagle Chief Indian Cookies & Decorating Instructions
Before you start, you will need -
- Aunt Chick's Eagle Chief Indian Cutter (found in our store)
- Gramma's Cutters Gingerbread Cookie Recipe
- Luster Dust NuSilver, Gold & Desert Plum (found in our store)
- Red Sanding Sugar (found in our store)
- Artists "fine" brush (found in our store)
- Royal Red Coloring Gel (found in our store)
- Small bowls for the corn syrup or egg whites
- Egg white or corn syrup (w/ water)
- Wait for the cookies to have cooled to the touch.
- Mix corn syrup, red coloring gel and a little water to dilute in small microwable bowl. Heat in microwave for 10 secounds. This is so that when the corn syrup mixture sets it will harden and not be sticky any longer. If you prefer you can just use egg white and red coloring gel mixture.
- Paint egg white mixture or corn syrup mixture on every other feather in the head dress as well as 2 of the feathers by the face. Sprinkle with red sanding sugar on the areas where you have painted.
- Mix NuSilver Luster Dust with a little vodka (alchol will dilute) and create a liquid paste. Paint on every other dot in head dress. Do the same with Gold Luster Dust and paint remaining dots and feathers as well as the head dress band.
- Mix Deep Plum Sanding Sugar with vodka to make a thicker paste and paint on eye area.
- Take a little of the red tinted corn syrup mixture and paint on bottom lip.