Jolly Santa Cookie Decorating Instructions
Before you start, you will need –
- Aunt Chick’s Jolly Santa Cutter (found in our store)
- Decorator (found in our store)
- Artists “fine” brush (found in our store)
- Frosting – click here for the recipe
- Small bowls for the corn syrup or egg whites
- Red-colored sugar (found in our store)
- Chocolate Chips or Raisins
- Coconut (optional)
- Red Paste Food Coloring (found in our store)
- Wait for the cookies to have cooled to the touch.
- First apply corn syrup or egg white mixture w/ fine brush to the nose, cheeks, mouth, and hat area (tint mixture with red paste food coloring to make the color pop!). Then immediately sprinkle with red sugar.
- You can use chocolate chips cut in halves or miniature chocolate chips for Santa’s eyes use a little icing to make them stick.
- White frosting is used for the pom-pom and rim on Santa’s hat, mustache, and beard (use a decorator for professional-looking results). Add some coconut for his beard (optional).
My mom and grandma used to make these cookies the 1st of December and gave them as xmas gifts since we were babies. I now have moms gramma chicks 3d cookie cutters, to carry on their tradition, since we lost mom this November. Her favorite holiday was xmas.