Santy Cookie Decorating Instructions
Before you start, you will need –
- Aunt Chick’s Santy Cookie Cutter (found in our store)
- Royal Icing
- Piping bag with fine tip (found in our store)
- Black & Red Food Colorings (found in our store)
- Egg white or corn syrup (w/ water)
- Clear Vanilla extract
- Tiny White nonpareils
- Red Sanding Sugar
- Artist Paint Brush
- White Luster Dust (found in our store)
- White Edible Glitter (found in our store)
- Paint on clear vanilla extract (straight) on the beard, mustache, hair swirl, and eyebrows. Sprinkle with white luster dust.
- Tint some egg whites with red food coloring and paint on the hat and sprinkle with red sanding sugar. (keep some of the mixture clear – no red)
- Paint egg white (clear) onto the hat ball area and sprinkle on the tiny white nonpareils.
- Paint on Santy’s bottom lips and cheeks with red egg white or corn syrup mixture.
- Tint Royal Icing with black coloring gel and pipe with fine tip onto eye area.
- Let sit 24 hours to assure that the royal icing hardens.
Looking for the original recipe for the Santa Clause. The one that used coconut for the beard.